St. Peter's Church Slinfold
The Street, Slinfold, W. Sussex, RH13 0RR
About St. Peter's
Welcome to St. Peter's website!
Our church (like any church) is a community of people with one thing in common: our love for Jesus Christ. We try as best we can to follow in the footsteps of Jesus.
Our regular Sunday services happen at 8:00am (a service of Holy Communion on the 1st and 3rd weeks of the month), and weekly at 9:30am (format varies from week to week). Occasionally there are changes to these times.
Aside from our Sunday worship, we have a home group, jointly with St. Nicolas Itchingfield, which you can join, a midweek service at 10:00am most Thursdays, and all sorts of other activities!
In all that we do, our aim is simple: to share God's love and do his work in this community. You'll always be very welcome to join in!
The church is usually open to all for private prayer, everyday between 10am and 4pm
- Revd. Sandra Hall
- Associate Priest
- Revd. Rosemary Cattell
To contact her by email click here
- Gill Collier-Morgan
To contact her by email click here
At the back of the church you will find a wooden box, in which we invite you to deposit tinned or packaged groceries, which will be forwarded weekly to the local food bank.
Everybody is always welcome to attend any of our services, although you may find some more congenial to your circumstances. Please come along and find out.
- Holy Communion (BCP)
- 8am First and third Sundays
- Holy Communion (Order One)
- 9.30am 1st, 2nd, 4th & 5th Sundays in each month
- Family Service - Young in Faith
- 10am Third Sundays - All ages, especially welcome to a simple celebration
- Sunday's Cool
- 1st, 2nd & 4th Sundays in term time. In the Village Hall, drop children in between 9.15 and 9.25am. You can then join us in St Peter's for Communion, or stay with the children or go home and return about 10.30 when you will find the children have joined the congregation for a blessing. There are usually refreshments after the service, please join us
- Morning Prayer
- 9am Mondays (except Bank Holidays)
- Mid-week Holy Communion
- 10am Thursdays, in St Peter's, except on 3rd Thursday of the month when it will be at 'The Cobblers', Hayes Lane
- Messy Church
- Usually first Tuesdays at 3.30pm
Each month, usually at Slinfold Village Hall - Fun and friendship, craft and celebration, and a meal. Whole family welcome.
Have a look
- 'New Venture'
- 2nd & 4th Tuesdays 10.30am - 11.45am in Slinfold Chapel. Bible study, worship, prayer and fellowship. Contact Carol Shepherd
St Nicolas, Itchingfield will be holding a Joint Benefice 6pm Evening Service on the 2nd Sunday of each month.
The format will vary each month. If you wish to suggest a particular service format please talk to Rev. Sandra
To see this month's services Click here
- Tuesday evening in the church. contact Hilary Sherwin-Smith
- Bell Ringing Practice
- Wednesday evenings
NOTE Between 2014 & 2018 the bell-ringers are planning to ring a centenary quarter-peal for each name on the War Memorial
- Coffee & Chat Drop-in
- Fridays in term time 8.30-9.30am. Free and open to all. Contact Hilary Sherwin-Smith
Discover what fun activities are in progress to raise funds for our appeal; find out what we're going to do when we've raised them! Click here
or to see our latest Quiz (2016 quiz closed on January 18th 2017; look out for the next one during the autumn) Click here
'St Nicolas' Itchingfield is our 'sister' church and we share a Rector with them
If you regularly attend St Peter's Church and would like to have your name added to the Church Electoral Roll contact Hilary Sherwin-Smith